Alaska Statistics Index S
Many State agencies produce statistical materials and a number of agencies place these statistics on the Internet. This is a linked list of State statistics by subject.
If the statistical product or statistic you are looking for isn't here, it may be available in print. Please check our local library catalog or contact the Government Publications librarian at the Alaska State Library.
- occupational, data from the Alaska Center for Health StatisticsHealth Status in Alaska, 2000 edition
- of food, data from the Alaska Center for Health Statistics
- data on botulism in Alaska, from A Guide to Physicians and Health Care Providers, 2011 update
- fire statistics (1990 - )
Sentencing Statistics (1980's and earlier)
- 1973 Sentences of Five Years or Longer. (April, 1975). Analysis of factors contributing to lengthy sentences, and the impact of appellate review of sentencing.
- Alaska Felony Sentences: 1976-1979. (Nov., 1980).
- Alaska Felony Sentences: 1980. (Dec. 2, 1982)
- Alaska Felony Sentencing Patterns: A Multivariate Statistical Analysis -- 1974-1976. (April, 1977). Study requested by the legislature and used to structure presumptive sentencing provisions of the new criminal code. Also resulted in the creation of the Sentencing Guidelines Committee.
- Alaska Misdemeanor Sentences: 1974-76 Plea Bargaining. (Aug., 1979).
- Alaska Misdemeanor Sentences: 1974-76 Racial Disparity. (Nov., 1979).
- Alaska Misdemeanor Sentences: 1981. (Dec., 1983)
- Bail in Anchorage. (March, 1975). Statistical
- DWI Sentences: 1981. (March, 1984)
- The Effect of the Official Prohibition of Plea Bargaining on the Disposition of Felony Cases in Alaska Criminal Courts. (Dec., 1978).
- Interim Report of the Alaska Judicial Council on Findings of Apparent Racial Disparity in Sentencing. (Oct., 1978).
- A Preliminary Statistical Description of Fish & Game Sentences. (1981).
- Report on Repeat Bail Recidivists in 1973. (April, 1975). Case-by-case analysis of defendants who violated bail conditions by committing more than one new crime while on bail for a felony offense.
- Sentencing in Alaska. (March, 1975). Statistical analysis of felony sentence imposed in 1973.
- Statistical Analysis of Major Fish & Game Offense Sentencing Outcomes. (Dec., 1983)
- statistical information (revenues, rates & more) [Contained in Regulatory Commission of Alaska Annual Report.]
- behavior of youth, data from the Alaska Youth Risk Behavior Survey, (1995 - )
- sexually transmitted diseases
Shellfish / Invertebrates species
- education, child count (1994 - )
[Scroll down to SPECIAL EDUCATION CHILD COUNT.]
- aid to each Alaskan Public School District (FY88 - ) (PDF)
- competitive oil & gas lease sales, summary (1959 - )
- of birth, of the Permanent Fund dividend recipients (1998 - )
[Contained in the Division of the Permanent Fund Annual Report.]
- Alaska Retirement Management Board, various statistics
- financial, from the Alaska Retirement Management Board
If you know of an online source of Alaska statistics that is not mentioned here, send us an email.The Alaska State Library makes every effort to keep the links on the page current. If you find a broken link, use our ask-a-librarian email form to report a broken link and give the correct URL if you know it.
*Adobe Acrobat files require a free viewer available directly from Adobe.
Source: Alaska State Library — http://library.alaska.gov