Alaska Statistics by State Agency
Many State agencies produce statistical materials and a number of agencies place these statistics on the Internet. If you know of an online source of Alaska statistics not listed here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the statistical product or statistic you are looking for isn't here, it may be available in print. Please check our local catalog or contact the Government Publications librarian at the Alaska State Library
To see these statistics presented in a different way, try our State Statistics Listed by Subject page.
Bill/Resolution Statistics - Shows how many bills and resolutions were introduced into the state legislature, and how many were passed by the House and Senate.
- 22nd Legislature(2001-2002) Bill/Resolution statistics
- 21st Legislature(1999-2000) Bill/Resolution statistics
- 20th Legislature(1997-1998) Bill/Resolution statistics
- 19th Legislature(1995-1996) Bill/Resolution statistics
- 18th Legislature(1993-1994) Bill/Resolution statistics
- Division of Elections
- Division of Finance
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- Division of Retirement and Benefits
- Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
Offices Commission - APOC
- Campaign Summaries - Campaign contributions & expenditures for candidates and PACs with some coverage back to 1993.
- Alaska Railroad Corporation
- Annual Report (Calendar Year 1999/FY2000) - see especially chapter IX, "Statistical and Financial Data."
of Community Advocacy
- Visitor Information
- Recent Tourism Research - Includes visitor counts and tourist demographics as well as reports relating to tourism industry.
- Community Development
- Community Profiles -- Provides demographic information for each of Alaska's communities, including - Population and Housing Characteristics, Economy, Income, Poverty and Employment, and Municipal Finances.
- Economic Development
Commission of Alaska
- Annual Reports (1997- present) -- Statistical Information (revenues, rates & more) on electric, gas, refuse, sewer, telecommunications (cable & telephone), water and pipeline utilities.
- Inmate Profile (1999 - ) Provides AK prison population from 1984 and selected demographic information from 1995 onwards
Board of Parole
- 1996-2001 Statistical Report -- Includes statistics on workload, hearings, parole rates, risk factors and parole revocations.
Note: Some links may be on the same page. Please scroll down until you see the proper link.
- Report Cards to the Public (1995 - ) Snapshot of Alaska Schools.
- ENROLLMENT TOTALS: As of
October 1 of each year.
- District Enrollment Totals for all Alaskan Public School Districts.(1991 - )
- School Enrollment Totals for all Alaskan Schools (1995 - )
- Statewide Enrollment by Grade by Ethnicity (1991 - )
- District Enrollment Totals by Ethnicity for All Alaskan Public School Districts (1997 - )
- School Enrollment Totals by Ethnicity for All Alaskan Public Schools (1997 - )
- REAA Enrollment (1998 - )
- Goals 2000 Annual Reports (1996 - )
- High School Graduates by District by School (1996 - )
- Special Education Child Count (1994 - )
- Average Daily Membership by Districts FY88-FY01
- State Aid to Each District FY88-FY00
of Libraries, Archives & Museums
- Alaska Public Library Statistics (1996 - )
- Division of Environmental Health
of Spill Prevention and Response
- Spill Data (1995 - ) - Quarterly summaries of spills of oil and hazardous substances.
- Division of Administrative Services
of Commercial Fisheries
- Salmon Fisheries
- Herring Fisheries
- Groundfish / Halibut Fisheries
- Shellfish (Invertebrates) Species & Fisheries
- Mariculture & Aquatic Farming
Fisheries (Limited) Entry Commission
- Research Reports (1988 - ) - Some reports contain statistical information on fishing permits and IFQs issued by community, as well as catch value. Most reports before 1998 are abstracts only.
- Standard Reports (Various years, some information back to 1974, other information only to 1998)
Commercial fishing statistics such as pounds landed, estimated gross earnings, the number of permits fished, and the number of people fishing in a variety of reports.
- Crew Counts of crew members and permit holders by their census area of residence.
- Permits and Permit Holders A wide variety of permit and permit holder information including listings, estimated values, status, and intent to transfer reports.
- Sport (Charter) Vessels and Sports Vessel Owners Includes counts of sport vessels by primary port.
- Sport Fish Divisional Reports (1987 - ) - Searchable database of all Division Reports published since 1987. For statistical information, use "statistics" as a "title" search.
- Subsistence articles and publications (1987 - ) - Occasional articles on subsistence provide statistics on harvest levels, subsistence user characteristics, etc.
- Community Profile Database (1987(?) - Large Microsoft Access file (5.2 M), providing socioeconomic data on subsistence users, subsistence resources and much more. YOU MUST HAVE MICROSOFT ACCESS TO USE THIS FILE! File is updated periodically.
of Wildlife Conservation
- Wildlife Harvest Data (Current five years) - Provides harvest by Game Management Unit area for bison, black bear, brown bear, deer, elk, moose, mountain goats, musk ox, sheep, and wolves. Click on "Harvest Summary" for prior years.
Bureau of Vital Statistics
- Annual Report (1995 - ) - Provides numbers and narrative information about births, fetal and infant deaths, childhood deaths, adoptions, marriages and divorces and deaths.
of Juvenile Justice
- Juvenile Justice Children in Custody and Out-of-Home Care (Past 12 months)
- Juvenile Delinquency Referrals by Offense Category, Most Recent 13-Month Period
- Juvenile Delinquency Referrals by Offense Class, Most Recent 13-Month Period
- Juvenile Delinquency Referrals by Offense Class, by Fiscal Year (FY 1989 - )
of Family and Youth Services
- Child Reports of Harm by Harm Type, Most Recent 13-Month Period
- Child Reports of Harm by Harm Type and Fiscal Year (FY 1989 - )
- Age and Race of Children Who Were the Subject of a Report of Harm (most recent month)
- Family Composition of Families Who Were the Subject of a Report of Harm (most recent month)
- Completed Child Protective Services Investigations by Finding, Most Recent 13-Month Period
- Family Services Children in Custody and Out-of-Home Care, Most Recent 13-Month Period
- Community Care Licensing (Facilities by type, most recent month)
of Medical Assistance
- Annual Report (FY 1997 - ) - Contains information on Medicaid Eligibles (by race, sex & age), Medicaid Expenditures (by categories and eligible groups), Claims documents processed, patient days utilized and more.
- Medical Assistance Statistical Reports (Jan 2000 - ) Currently contains eligibility reports by month.
- Division of Public Health
and Analysis Section
- Employment and Unemployment
- Occupational Information
- Industry Information
- Wages & Cost of Living
- Population Information
- Annual Reports (1999 - ) - Includes information on number and types of complaints. Some statistics for 1995 forward.
Departmental Statistics are not available on the Internet.
Departmental Statistics are not available on the Internet.
of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
- Alaska's Mineral Industry (1996 - ) - Value and amount of minerals mined in Alaska.
- Division of Forestry
of Oil and Gas
- Summary of State competitive lease sales (1959 - ) Information on all oil & gas lease sales since statehood. Record for each sale includes Sale Date, Sale number, Sale Area, Acres Offered, Acres Leased, Percent Leased, Average money per Acre, Tracts offered, Tracts leased and financial terms of each deal.
of Fire Prevention
- SOA Fire Incident Statistics (1998 - 2001) - Fire statistics reported by region and broken down by type of incident. Numbers of incidents, casualties and property damage are reported. Breakdown of casualties by gender and age is also available.
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
Mental Health Trust Authority
- Annual Reports (1997 - ) Provides information on clients, revenues and expenditures.
Municipal Bond Bank Authority
- Annual Reports (FY 1998 - ): Provides financial statements.
- Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation
- Alaska State Pension Investment Board
of Permanent Fund Dividend
- Annual Reports (1998 - ) Contains demographic information about dividend recipients such as community of residence, state of birth and age of applicant. Also historical information about dividend payments and applications.
Division (Scroll down the page to the listed sections)
- Operations Reports (1997 - ) Historical tax rates and three year comparison of revenues.
- Shared Tax Reports (1997 - ) Current and historical amounts shared to municipalities in Alaska.
- Gaming Annual Reports (1997 - ) Total receipts from gaming, broken down by game type, type of expenses and by organization type.
- Monthly Alcohol Activity Reports (Jan 1999 - )
- Tobacco Activity Reports (FY 1999 - )
- Motor Fuel Reports (Annual) (1999- )
- Prevailing Value of Cook Inlet Gas (First Quarter 1995 - )
- Fisheries Resource Landing Tax (1997 - ) Includes average prices of sea foods.
- Alaska Salmon Price Report (Latest Quarter Only) Value of various kinds of salmon by fishing area.
- Revenue Sources Book (Spring 2000 - ) Details of state revenue from all sources, including oil, investment, taxes and federal funding.
- Transportation Planning and Public Involvement
The Federal Government also compiles statistics about Alaska through its MAPSTATS and Census State & County Quick Facts services. Subjects covered include Agriculture, population, housing, ethnic populations, businesses in Alaska, education, energy and Gross State Product.