1/31/2020 - OWL Videoconference restoration is in progress. We are accepting scheduling requests from libraries whose equipment has been tested by OWL video staff, and whose videoconferences will connect dedicated videoconference endpoints (Other OWL endpoints, SOA network, Universities, etc). We hired a new video technician, who started the week of 1/20/2020. We are hopeful of restoring "Join by web browser" access by mid-February. Questions about current OWL Videoconference status can be emailed to Daniel Cornwall, OWL Program Manager.
The Alaska Online With Libraries (OWL) Program
What do you want to do today?
- Schedule a videoconference through OWL
- Schedule a Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) Videoconference
First-time CILC user? Read our CILC tutorial.
- Learn about OWL provided software and VTC equipment
- Get promotional handouts on OWL
- Contact Daniel to learn how my agency or nonprofit can use OWL to schedule meetings or presentations
- See a map of participating videoconference locations
- View a list of participating libraries [PDF]
Upcoming OWL Events
Alaska libraries wishing to join an OPEN video conference on this calendar should e-mail Video Conferencing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Online With Libraries
The Alaska Online With Libraries (OWL) Program is funded by the State of Alaska for the following purposes:
- Provide rural Alaskans with high speed internet access that urban Alaskans have long been using for education, employment, and enjoyment.
- Bring the world to Alaska by connecting people from all areas of the state with other Alaskans and Americans through videoconferencing.
- Reducing costs for agencies and organizations by substituting video meetings and visits for travel.
- Provide information technology training to Alaskans that will enhance their future education and employment prospects.