10/16/2019 - The OWL program is in the midst of restarting OWL videoconferencing. Staff at University of Alaska Video Services have begun testing endpoints. We expect to announce the resumption of endpoint to endpoint and endpoint to CILC providers shortly. Videoconferencing involving browser-based presenters and attendees is still on hold as of this writing.
The Alaska Online With Libraries (OWL) Program
What do you want to do today?
- Schedule a videoconference through OWL
- Schedule a Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) Videoconference
First-time CILC user? Read our CILC tutorial.
- Learn about OWL provided software and VTC equipment
- Get promotional handouts on OWL
- Contact Daniel to learn how my agency or nonprofit can use OWL to schedule meetings or presentations
- See a map of participating videoconference locations
- View a list of participating libraries [PDF]
Upcoming OWL Events
Alaska libraries wishing to join an OPEN video conference on this calendar should e-mail Video Conferencing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Online With Libraries
The Alaska Online With Libraries (OWL) Program is funded by the State of Alaska for the following purposes:
- Provide rural Alaskans with high speed internet access that urban Alaskans have long been using for education, employment, and enjoyment.
- Bring the world to Alaska by connecting people from all areas of the state with other Alaskans and Americans through videoconferencing.
- Reducing costs for agencies and organizations by substituting video meetings and visits for travel.
- Provide information technology training to Alaskans that will enhance their future education and employment prospects.