Hours of Operation
- Reference Services: 10:00am to 4:30pm weekdays, and to 6:00pm Thursdays
- Call us starting at 8:00am at 907.465.2920
- Email anytime email@example.com
- Historical Collections: 10:00am to 4:30pm weekdays, and to 6:00pm Thursdays, or by appointment
- Talking Book Center (Anchorage): 8-4:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Libraries are closed for all
Alaska State Holidays
New Year's Day January 1 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 3rd Monday of January President's Day 3rd Monday of Feb. Seward's Day Last Monday in March Memorial Day Last Monday in May Independence Day July 4 Labor Day 1st Monday of Sept. Alaska Day October 18 Veterans Day November 11 Thanksgiving Day 4th Thursday of Nov. Christmas Day December 25
Address & Location
Alaska State Library & Historical Collections
PO Box 110571
Juneau, AK 99811-0571
Location: 333 Willoughby Avenue, 8th floor in State Office Building, Juneau.
Alaska State Library & Talking Book Center
344 West 3rd Avenue, Suite 125
Anchorage, AK 99501
Location: Ship Creek Center (old post office mall), 3rd Street entrance, Anchorage.
Telephone & Fax Numbers
All Alaska State Library collections can be found on the Joint Library Catalog online catalog.
The Alaska State Library
- promotes and coordinates library services to the community of Alaskan libraries,
- serves as the primary research library for state government, and
- collects, preserves, and makes accessible Alaska-related materials.
- Approved October 2, 1995