Special Notice (11/12/2014)
Beginning immediately, the Alaska State Library’s Historical Collections will curtail reference room hours and reference services in order to physically move the majority of its collections to the secure vault in the new SLAM (State Libraries, Archives & Museums) building in Juneau. The move will take several months, during which the reference room will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. with limited access to collections. Email and virtual reference services will continue but may be somewhat slower than usual, because all of the staff will be working to facilitate the move. We appreciate your patience during this time, and we will reinstate full service as soon as possible.
A similar closure of the Alaska State Archives will take place as it moves its collection in March 2015.
How Do I...
- Take an online class on a foreign language?
- Attend a live or recorded webinar?
- Access online resources that I need for work?
- Sign up for free services to help me keep current in my field?
- Ensure future access to my agency’s publications?
- Get paper or online books, articles, or other types of information for work?
- Book a meeting room at the State Library in Anchorage?
- Explore more resources for state employees