Alaska & Yukon Vital Records, 1898–1936
The following files are a series of PDFs that have been derived from the "Vital Records" compilations that Betty Miller created between 1989 to 2004. The original work was published as a series of paper volumes, issued over the years. The titles, structures, and page numbering of the original paper volumes were transferred to the electronic version. Each volume has its own forward and acknowledgments, as originally published, but with some minor updating. The page numbers of the PDFs do not match the original numbers. Additionally, each volume consists of two parts: (1) an alphabetical listing and (2) a chronological listing.
Most PDF readers will let you start searching at your current page.
Note from Betty J. Miller of Juneau
I've prepared and distributed these documents with only one condition: that they not be used for commercial (profit-making) purposes without my prior
and explicit approval.
A big thanks to Capital Copy for their essential advice and support!
- 1898 – 1922: Alaska & Yukon, taken from the Weekly Douglas Island Newspaper and Strollers Weekly (PDF)
- 1916 – 1920: Volume I, Juneau, Alaska, taken from the Alaska Daily Empire (PDF)
- 1921 – 1925: Volumue II, Juneau, Alaska, taken from the Alaska Daily Empire (PDF)
- 1926 – 1930: Volume III, Juneau, Alaska, taken from the Alaska Daily Empire (PDF)
- 1931 – 1935: Volume IV, Juneau, Alaska, taken from the Alaska Daily Empire (PDF)
- 1936: Volume V, Juneau, Alaska, taken from the Alaska Daily Empire (PDF)
1898 – 1936: All volumes (PDF – 67MB)
Source: Alaska State Library — http://library.alaska.gov