Library Science Professional Book Collection
Do you need to check out practical books about managing computers in libraries, supervising staff or volunteers, developing your library collection, doing storytime for children or booktalks for adults, fundraising to enhance your budget, or serving special populations of patrons? To access the library science collection for books like these and more:
- Search the Capital City Library Catalog.
- If the books you need are in Anchorage, call 800.776.6566 to place your request.
- If the books you need are in Juneau, call 907.465.2920 to place your request.
- Staff in Anchorage or Juneau will search the circulation system to see if you have already been issued a Capital City Library card.
- If you do not have a card, they will create one for you over the phone.
- The library science books will be mailed to you if you live outside of Anchorage or Juneau.
- The loan period is three weeks.
- You can always call to renew your books.
- You are responsible for mailing the books back to the State Library in Anchorage or Juneau.
- If you prefer, you can also request these titles through interlibrary loan.